Signs You Need a Family Law Attorney Regarding Agreed-Upon Custody

Posted on: 28 July 2020

When you have a custody agreement between you and the other parent of your children, the thought of hiring legal assistance isn't at the forefront of your mind. However, some signs will indicate that a family law attorney can be beneficial to you. Here is a look at just three of those signs.  1. The other parent is unreliable Is the other parent unreliable when it comes to taking your children for their agreed-upon time?
[Read More]

Asked To Be An Executor? What To Expect

Posted on: 14 July 2020

Being asked to oversee the estate of an acquaintance or loved one should be considered an honor. The idea of being an executor can also seem intimidating to some. To get a better idea of what executors (or personal representatives) do, read below. 1. Are you up for it? You don't necessarily have to accept this role and you may not want to if you are already busy, ill, or just not up for it.
[Read More]

3 Reasons Why You Need A Divorce Attorney

Posted on: 23 June 2020

While divorce is certainly not uncommon, it's also not something that many couples anticipate. However, if you and your current partner are planning on going your separate ways, hiring a divorce attorney is something you should strongly consider. On average, it costs between $150 and $250 per hour for the services of a divorce lawyer. While that may seem like a lot, hiring an attorney is the best way to protect our interests during a divorce.
[Read More]

3 Questions When Your Former Spouse With Child Custody Decides To Move

Posted on: 5 June 2020

Going through a divorce can be quite difficult as it is, but it will become much more complicated if your former spouse moves when they have child custody. Here are some common questions you'll have about this unique situation. Do You Have Grounds For Custody Modification? It is important to become familiar with the rules in your state regarding what happens if your former spouse decides to move. It is possible that this gives you the right to have the custody agreement modified if the child were to leave the state.
[Read More]